Here at the University we pride ourselves on our students being able to study and socialise in a safe environment. The safety of all staff is also of paramount importance in support of our students.
We provide a security service that is available for advice and assistance 24 hours a day.
Security Services is responsible for all types of security arrangements and the provision of expertise and advice which include:
- The provision of a dedicated team of in-house staff who maintain a security presence on the Campus and oversee contract guards at residential accommodation sites;
- A dedicated Central control room maintained in the Maxwell Building operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
- Access control systems, burglar alarms and CCTV;
- Out-of-hours access to students/visitors’
- Control of car parking on University Campuses.
University CCTV Policy
We have recently agreed and approved a new CCTV policy for the whole campus.
Procedure for Entering A Building Out of Hours
Please click on the link below to view the above procedure for staff and Students.
We are based at Maxwell, Well and can be contacted on the following phone numbers:
- Internal Helpline: 55368
- Control Room: 54773
- Internal Emergencies: 53333
- External Helpline: 0161 295 5368
- External Control Room: 0161 295 4773
- External Emergencies: 0161 295 3333
We are committed to providing a proactive service
that will make the Campus and surrounding
community a safe place in which to study, live
Greater Manchester Police:
British Transport Police:
Salford City Council Crime and Safety Unit: