Holiday Switch Off
Over the holiday period colleagues are asked to help reduce our impact on the environment by switching off non-essential equipment at the plug.
The University is committed to reducing energy consumption by 43% by September 2020 from a 2005/6 baseline and we need your to support the achievement of this reduction.
Please follow these simple tips:
- Switch off your PC/laptop and monitor at the plug
- Switch off your office light, desk lamp and any display or decorative lights
Agree who in your office will;
- Switch off shared office equipment such as printers and photocopiers at the socket – a photocopier on standby overnight wastes enough energy to make 30 cups of tea!
- Switch off the kitchen equipment such as hot water boilers, kettles, microwaves and water coolers
- Empty and switch off the fridge in your kitchen area
- Switch off stand alone electric or wall mounted radiators at the socket
- Turn off taps and report dripping taps to the Estates Helpline
- Shut all windows and office doors
- If it essential to run fume cupboards over the holiday period please ensure the sash is closed
- Finally, switch yourself off and enjoy the holiday period!