Are you passionate about environmental and/or ethical issues? Would you like to do more to improve our environment?
Then become a Green Representative!
We need enthusiastic people to support awareness raising of actions for waste minimisation, energy and water conservation, sustainable travel, buying Fairtrade and more!
Green Reps are needed from all functions and levels within the University to volunteer some of their time (with the support of senior management) to communicate and faciliate environmental improvements.
Full details of the role of Green Reps is available here.
Championing the environment at the University
A key part of the Green Rep role is communicating with colleagues what they can do to reduce their impact on the environment. It should be recognised that, whilst the Green Rep role is important for co-ordinating efforts to implement environmental improvements; it is the University as a community who will actually receive results, and we all have a part to play.
What are the benefits for you?
- Free guidance and training in environmental issues
- Networking opportunities with other Green Reps
- Access to environment related events
- The opportunity to feed into and help shape the environmentally sustainable future of the University
- Demonstrate your personal commitment to protecting our environment!