Car Parking for Staff
From 5:00pm on Friday, 24th February 2017, monthly parking permits will be removed from the University of Salford online shop.
From 7:00am on Monday, 27th February 2017, you will be able to pay for monthly parking via the "Pay by Phone" App, or at paybyphone.co.uk.
If you need to park at the University between the above dates and you do not have a valid monthly permit, please pay as you go using the App.
For further information please contact the Estates Support Team on 0161 295 4444 or email email@example.com.
The charges for parking permits are reviewed annually and are available
via the above link.
Most staff have the option to either purchase an annual permit from the University Web Shop or to sign up to the Debit from Salary Scheme. (Staff paid solely via the submission of Casual Timesheets or Hourly Paid Academic Claim Forms are not eligible to join this scheme)
If you opt to purchase your permit on-line, please present your receipt at Maxwell Reception to collect your permit. (Please note that we do not post out permits.)
If you pay for an annual permit please ensure that you display your permit clearly in your vehicle, either on the dashboard or on the front windscreen. Failure to adhere to this instruction is likely to result in the issue of a Parking Charge Notice (PCN)
If you are a casual user of the car parks a new easier way of paying for your parking tickets has been launched on campus this Academic Year, allowing you to pay by phone for parking.
The paybyphone app, which is available free from the App Store, Google play or Blackberry World, replaces the token machines that previously operated on campus.
- Casual users will pay £1.20 for up to 90 minutes, £2.40 for up to three hours, £4.00 all day
- Monthly "Pay by Phone" session - 30 days main campuses £28.00
- Peripheral monthly "Pay by Phone" session - 30 Days
- Car parks available for this option - Fredrick Road, Mary Seacole, Irwell Place, Delaney and Lowry car parks
- Farmer Norton and the rear of Adelphi House will be charged at £2.00 per visit
- Parking tariffs applicable between 09:15hrs - 22:00hrs, 7 days a week
- All payments should be made on entry and by "Pay by Phone" Technology
- PLEASE NOTE THE FRONT OF ADELPHI HOUSE IS STRICTLY NO PARKING
Car users who do not own a smart phone, can pay by calling 0161 880 0100.
Peel/Newton Car Parks are designated for annual permit holder only.
Disabled staff who are blue badge holders and require the use of a motor vehicle to enable them to travel to and from the University are exempted from any fee. They will be issued with a University permit on production of their Blue Badge at the Maxwell Building Reception, but must also display their Blue Badge on their vehicle.
|Click here to buy your car park permits online|
Motor vehicles [including motor cycles, motor scooters and mopeds] may be parked at the University only in the official car parks and then only in the spaces marked out for parking.
For further information please click on the links below:
- List of Car Parks and permit restrictions
- Car Parking Arrangements for Visitors.
- Car Parking Policy
FAQ for Car Parking
Any queries regarding registration or vehicle parking on University property should be referred to Estates Support Team: